From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 29 October 2001 09:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IDS White Papers/Documents

Hi all,

Any help with the following greatly appreciated!

Can anyone point me in the right direction for good white papers/documents
on deciding where to locate an IDS on a network?

The background to this is that I want to implement an IDS on a network which
has an incoming/outgoing Internet connection for all users. There is
currently a firewall protecting this connection, but I want to know whether
I should locate the IDS in front of or behind the firewall? Should the IDS
be placed in a DMZ or not?

(As you can tell, I am new to all this!)

Regards,

Mark.

Never pay another Internet phone bill!
Freeserve AnyTime, for all the Internet access you want, day and night, only
£12.99 per month. Sign-up at http://www.freeserve.com/time/anytime

This is an email from Card Protection Plan Limited; company registration number
01490503; registered office Holgate Park, York, YO26 4GA; telephone 01904 544500.
This message may contain information that is confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
email, facsimile or telephone and either return or destroy the original message.  Card
Protection Plan Limited accept no responsibility for any changes made to this message
after it has been sent by the original author.