From: Liu Wen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 12:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: university and industry on security

hi, folks,
I have been wondering what on earth is the connection between industry
security products and research work in universities. I only know that
they cooperate a lot and the industry sponsored the universities to go
on working. But when I search for research work in universities ,I found
them differ a lot and many universities just do not have Computer
Security Lab(or the like), I am a college student pursuing my Master
Degree in my first year, so I think it is important to select a good
topic. For some reason, Intrusion Detection and Cryptology cannot be
selected, how about other fields which is active on research field, i
mean, a lot of papers can be publish on it. :)

Thank you in advance..

Cheers
Liu