From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 4:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Basic Security Policy

Dear All,

I have just been put in charge of network security within our company
and
the first thing I need to do is define a Network Security Policy that we
can apply to our Internet Services and customer intranets.

I would like to have some input on things to add into the policy and
possibly some links to example policies.

So far I have read RFC2196 which has given me some good insights, but I
would like to not have to start from scratch as there is just one of me
and I am limited for time.

I have a good understanding of some of the things that should be in a
Securit Policy, but real-world help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Dave Stout
Internet Security Engineer

#**********************************************************************
This message is intended solely for the use of the individual
or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use,
copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message.  All
information or opinions expressed in this message and/or
any attachments are those of the author and are not
necessarily those of Hughes Network Systems Limited,
including its European subsidiaries and affiliates. Hughes
Network Systems Limited, including its European
subsidiaries and affiliates accepts no responsibility for loss
or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.