|> Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2001 19:24 schrieb David Ellis:
|> > What you could actually do is create a mirrored port on your
|> > switch and sniff all the traffic that way
|>
|> Does anybody know something about switches, which can do multiple
|> port mirroring? What I want is one port, that gets all the traffic
|> of the other ports on that switch.

Cisco switches can do monitoring of everything with replication; however,
the caveat is that your switch might not be able to handle copying all that
info over.  For example,
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_6_2/_config/
span.htm

Cisco switches can even copy from other VLANs using a command called rspan.
Rspan is definitely dangerous, so watch it. :)

Peter Mueller