On Sunday 09 December 2001 04:05 am, igal tiverobsky wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I would like to monitor my bandwidth at home,
>
> 1)I would like to know if I am getting all the bandwidth I have been
> promised from the ISP.
>
> 2)I would like to be sure no one is using my bandwidth.
>
> do you know of any tool that shows how much traffic is passing through a
> certain machine(NT & LINUX)?
ntop can provide the functionality you want, but i should point out, with
broadband connections, many times the slowest point is the host you're
getting your data from, so the peak rates listed by ntop will likely not be
your actual peak bandwidth, you may want to try some of the free sites that
test the speed of your connection to measure that