Even better is Bulletproof FTP, formerly known as G6.

http://www.bpftpserver.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Adolfson, Lee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 12:28 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: which ftp-server?

Try warftp at

http://www.warftp.org/

it is free and works with windows

Lee A.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ash [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 11:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would recomend proftp. I don't know if there has been a port to
windows systems but proftp has excelent
and easy way of authenticating users so that the users do not have to be
the same as the actual system users. Also, ftpd-BSD is quiet good, but
afaik only works under Linux (the original is from OpenBSD).

Ash
----
Darkfire Secure Linux - http://darkfire.sf.net