The only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is one
of the following. Dynamic porting is being used somewhere maybe
by your isp where the USP and TCP ports open are not the correct
ones inbound (most likely not the case.) Have you thought of NAT
as an issue? If you have a none routable network internally and
routing is not an option then it is a no go. This would only be
a good thought if the boxes will not get out with the firewall turned
off. It may be a firewall interop issue. I work in QA for a firewall
comp. and it is frequent that when we dont work with a product setup
topology it will lock the boxes off from the internet.
Not to mention one last thing if XP's personal firewall is turned on and you are using
a third party host resident firewall good luck it reeks havoc on the box may be your
issue as well.

Good Luck
---
Regards,