Look at IPSec policies instead, they are much more flexible in rules and
don't require rebooting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Holland, Stephen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 11:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Closing holes with out a firewall

I currently have a PPTP W2K server on a dedicated circuit with a static IP.
I am wonder without the purchase of a firewall is using the block ports
setting on the individual W2K systems using the advanced options in the
TCP/IP properties doing me any good?  I am aware of the issues with PPTP
encryption, but just would like to know if using the W2K "firewall" setting
is a good idea or should I strive for something else.  Just some what if
scenarios or possible attacks.

Thank you