Hey Folks,

First off, let me take a moment to wish you all a very happy and
prosperous 2002 and to thank you for your contributions to Security-Basics
over the past year.

Now that the list is becoming busy again, I thought that I would send out
a reminder of a couple of courtesies that I ask Security-Basics
subscribers to observe.

First, please do not post messages to the list that are non-security
related general administration questions. I will not approve such posts to
the list unless they are part of an extant security-related thread.

Secondly, please do some initial research on your own prior to posting to
the list. The list is not intended as a mechanism for people to get list
members to do their work for them. Prior to posting to the list, please
search the Net or the Security-Basics archives to find the information you
need.

Finally, if you know that you will be out of the office or away from
e-mail for an extended period of time, please remove yourself from the
Security-Basics list. This will save list members who contribute to the
list from receiving bounced messages. In order to unsubscribe from a
SecurityFocus mailing list manually, use your subscribed e-mail account to
send a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] .

Thanks very much for your cooperation.

Stephen Entwisle