Hi,

Would there be a problem if you ran two two firewall proggies at the
same time?

I did a websearch first any only found
http://www.fosters.com/special_sections/online/articles2001/1023d.htm
Which only says two firewalls might conflict with each other without any
specific info.

Besides that there might be softwarewise conflict between them, I'm only
interested in this from security standpoint. I was thinking you could
use the strengths of both.

I also read on the website of networkice that most firewalls fall short
when networkload is high: BlackICE was able to catch 99% of the attacks
on a fully-loaded 10/100 Mbps network using less than 40% of the CPU
resources. The closest competitor used 90% of the CPU resources and only
managed to catch 9% of the attacks.

I can't imagine that when you have installed two firewalls that they
would spread the load since the two programs do not interact with each
other, but more likely that they both would take more cpu resources and
check less network traffic when running two firewalls at the same time
under heave network traffic. Is this true?

Philip Wagenaar