At 06:24 PM 1/18/2002 +0000, Gary Pasikowski wrote:
>In config mode, type 'description' followed by your remarks.

PIX OS does not have a "description" field as is in Cisco IOS on Interfaces.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/

Check the version and check command reference.  It isn't listed.

Also try typing it:
firewall(config)# sh version
Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Version 5.2(2)
firewall(config)# description
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.

Same output on:
pixfirewall(config)# sh version
Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.1(1)
pixfirewall(config)# description
Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.

In Cisco IOS, you can add ! before comments in a config file and are
ignored when applying the config, but PIX does not allow this either.

What I ended up doing was keeping a local copy that has the ! remarks
added, and then have a script that strips them out before pushing them to
the PIX.