Hi there.  I'm currently administering a network which is being split in
half.  Half of it is going to be placed on an OC3 where all our servers
are, and the other half is our office, which is on a T1, going through a
separate class C IP range.

I'm trying to figure out a good way to setup this NT/2000 network with
active directory over the 2 networks.  I'd prefer to have them all in 1
domain, so I don't have to deal with domain trusts and such.  Is there a
good way to do this, or do I need to setup 2 separate domains, one for
each location, and do trust relationships between the 2?  Netbios can be
used through these 2 separate ip ranges, and is preferred (although it
will be secured and audited regularly).

Also, is there a good way to firewall the office machines, but still
have them be part of the domain, but not publicly available (only to a
certain group on the domain?).  I would prefer to put all the machines
behind a linksys or maybe even a cisco router, to keep them protected.
The machines on the OC3 don't need firewall protection really.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Matt Andreko
On-Ramp Indiana