http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Pope" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, 22 Jan, 2002 17:49
Subject: I've been hurt by an e-mail virus ! What virus is it ?

: Dear All,
: An e-mail virus hurt my computer (don't be scared I'm
: using yahoo.com for this message).
:
: Some of my friends compainted to me that any time they
: send an e-mail to me they received almost instantly an
: attachment having .pif extension.
: There are 3 different files attached (only one per
: each reply) called: readme.txt.pif, card.pif or
: fun.pif.(indeed the replies apear in my send box)
: When I send an e-mail to  my friends they get it with
: no attachment or other problems.
: No other evil action has been taken apparently
: yet(fortunately??) on my computer but I'm scared.
: Can someone tell me what virus is it and how can I
: clean up my computer ?
:
: Thank you in advance  !
: Daniel
:
: PS I'm using Windows98 and Outlook Express.
:
:
:
:
:
:
: Do You Yahoo!?
: Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
: http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
: