--- Andrew Tinseth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Michel,

> So far so good.  However, I would include one other policy control
> into your
> wireless control strategy.  Make sure that all wireless network
> clients are
> appropriately hardened before connecting to the network

In a win2k world I assume that client hardening means patched to the
eyballs, NTFS + securewksta GPO template, no unneccessary users and no
services listening on non vpn interfaces...?

> Also, have you considered using EAP/LEAP to authenticate users and
> generate
> keys?  I believe there are already solutions that provide this.

I'm new to this VPN lark.. what's EAP/LEAP?

> >From: "Labelle, Michel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 17:26:58 -0800
> >

> >Use a VPN for all data traffic.

I am thinking of going down this route. Anyone tried running 100 w2kpro
workstations through a (hardened) w2k server using VPN? I was hoping to
be able to use the VPN server to also allow internet based clients (ie
people accessing from home via thier local ISP) Would this be a bad
idea?

Cheers,
psydii