Hi all,

I am admnistrating a few machines at my university and sometimes, i got weird results
on commands such as 'who' 'w' and 'finger', they tell me that there's more than one
user logged in, but the only login i really see is mine, only the finger shows me name
of the other user, which supposedly is logged in (or not).
this isn't the first time that happens and doesn't happen all the time, but the worse
thing is that the user which the 'finger' command outputs as logged in has no shell,
actually only root has sshd, and no ftp, mail, etc, is allowed to other users.

has anyone passed the same situation i am passing by?

tia,
SecurityNewbie.