Think about this:

1) Remove unneeded, insecure and treacherous software.  Removing Window Scripting Host
from your Microsoft workstations will commpletely prevent any VB Script or worm (which
people mistakenly call a virus) from executing.  Even if you get one of these nasty
thingys, they are rendered impotent.

2) Find a less vulnerable email client.  Outlook Express is a popular, easy target for
the script kiddie.   If you MUST have an email client, use ANYTHING but OE.  Web-based
mail (my choice) gives added protection, as the offsite vendor usually checks incoming
mail before delivery, and/or download.  It's especially nice to virus-check an
attachment before d/l.

3) If the script doesnt run, it cant have fun.  A sandbox scheme (in which
applications are monitored as if by an adult watching a child play in the sandbox),
such as used by Aladin's eSafe Desktop, will prevent unauthorized changes to critical
files by ANY application, script, or process. The NSA and Mosaad use eSafe, it should
be good enough for you. http://www.esafe.com

4) The virus or worm or trojan that gets ya is not yesterdays thingy, but today's.
Keep your patches and virus databases up to date! eSafe happens to have a way you can
add a new virus definition, so, as soon as a new thingy is discovered, you may update
your virus table yourself, if need be.

5) Remember, in warfare, the attacker has the advantage of initiative.  Keep in touch
with others who are the "good guys" and share knowledge, skills and information.  Only
by doing this can the good guys win.

Regards,

Mack

1) "James McGee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Loads of virii would do this.
>
>I suggest that you try downloading, and installing another anti virus
>scanner.  You never can have enough protection.
>

>On my Win98, machine, I run three, and I still managed to get a NIMDA file
>on my machine, although it did nothing, as I was not permitted to touch it,
>mby two of the AV software apps.  The otherone did not even notice it.
>
>Also, ensure the AV app is up to date.  That may help
>
>Cheers
>
>JM

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the
convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/