Newbie question, but help me if you can...
:>D
I have recently set up a vanilla W2kPro box with the latest updates and patches (SP@
+sec rollup + critical updates)
I installed the Starband.net software (which uses a proxy itself to accellerate the
downloads and deal with the 4ms delays inherent in sattelite comm) and then the
WinProxy eval (I will buy it after it proves to me it actually works).
Problem: I have Macintoshes hooked up to this device (Starband SW doesn't support the
tunneling for Macs yet directly hooked up to the 360 modem) and after the first
install:
Windows box sees email and downloads fast, sees web pages and is very fast there as
well.
Macs see web pages, but don't connect to mail server.

Next step (after hours of config doodling to no avail)

Reinstall everything

Then:
Windows box sees email and downloads fast, sees web pages and is very fast there as
well.
Macs connect to mail server, but don't see web pages.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Bill