From: Siddharta Govindaraj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 8:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: sniffer in promiscuous mode

Hi,

I have a funny problem with the ethereal packet sniffer. It correctly
captures all packets entering or leaving my interface, but in promiscuous
mode, it only seems to capture ARP, NETBIOS, IPX, RIP and such protocols,
and never seems to get any UDP or TCP packets ! I have tried other sniffers,
and they all exhibit the same behaviour, so I dont think its a sniffer
problem. Is there something else I have to do to capture TCP packets ? Or
could it be something to do with Wincap ?

Thanks
Siddharta