From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 8:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: SNORT: Setting up How To

Can some tell me how, or point to some info on how
to set up Snort on a w2000 server?  www.snort.org
has no helpful info.  The manual and readme do
nothing but say 'you can do this or that'  I installed it
and ran the test config and got this:
|> IDScenter test console <|
-- Press ENTER after checking Snorts output --
Log directory = log

Initializing Network Interface \
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        syntax error
PCAP command: Files\Sourcefire\Snort\snort.conf -l
C:\Program Files\Sourcefire\S
nort -A full -h any
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I have no clue what to do.  I found no rulesets to
download.  I am lost.  Pleasr help.

dp