While taking a sledgehammer to a drive does sound quite therapeutic, I
would suggest rather, to look around for your local metal recycling
company. They will gladly take your old hard drives, monitors, Sun IPCs
(on second thought, instead send them over my way! :p) and mince them to
itty bitty peices for you! And in much smaller chunks than you could ever
possibly replicate with a sledgehammer.

www.resourcecon.com is one company that a few of my clients have used.

ttyl,
John Daniele