Jim,

Many people make the mistake of diving right in
with scans, looking for holes.  Let me recommend
something not quite as easy, but in the end a far
better option.

Diagram the configuration, and take things one
step at a time.  Start with each system in it's
current configuration and document it as best as
possible.  Any firewall or screening device should
be in default-deny...block everything unless it's
explicitly allowed....mode.  Examine every
configuration, learning what you can.  Document
everything, most particularly the final
configuration you decide to use.  Set up the
logging appropriate for each device, and actually
collect/review the logs.

I guess for each stage (ie, pair of devices), it
should look like this:

1.  Configure as securely as possible.  Patches.
Limit available services.
2.  Configure auditing.
3.  Monitor.
4.  Verify on a regular basis.

>From a system-wide perspective, go with a
defense-in-depth stance.  Given the description
you gave, perhaps the only thing that should be
reaching the web servers at all are ports 80 and
443.  Okay.  Every device prior to the web servers
should block everything and allow only port 80
(this is just a guess based on what you provided,
but I think you get the idea).  On the web servers
themselves, patch and limit
services/functionality.  That means at the
operating system level (you don't need the Server
service, do you??) and the application level
(disable all script mapping except what you need).

And whatever you do, DO NOT think for a moment
that just throwing RealSecure into the mix is
going to secure anything.

Carv