Here's a fairly complete listing of ports.  But you shouldn't block specific ports
that you get
from a listing.  You need to block ALL ports, and only allow in/out what you
specifically need.

http://www.securetips.com/tools/info/ports.asp

Cavell McDermott
Domino Admin
APW Ltd. - Texas Campus
214-343-1400 - Main
214-355-2022 - Direct
214-341-9950 - Fax
http://www.apw.com

                    Clint Goodwin

                    <clint@octa4.        To:     security-basics
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    net.au>              cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Help With firewall ports

                    clint@securit

                    yfocus.com

                    03/17/2002

                    04:46 AM

Hi all,

    I was wondering what would be a good list of ports to block at my
firewall.
    I have some of the most common ones covered , however I Don't have

a lot of experience with firewalls yet.
    Can someone point me to a good resource or even provide me with a
list to help me get started.

Thanks in advance

Clint Goodwin