Fussss!!!!

First of all It wont be of much use, but anyway
You need to compile apache from source code.
untar the apache distro and cd distrodirectory/src/os/unix
edit os.h there as you wish..
then cd ../../include
and edit httpd.h again as you wish....

and then just compile it, run it.

Regards,
---------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk
voice: 92-021-111-GEMNET

"Great is the Art of beginning, but Greater is the Art of ending. "

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, TheFinn wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know of an easy/fast way to stop apache from spilling its' guts
>> when it gets scanned?
>>
>> Here's some scanner output:  Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red Hat/Linux)
>> mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.6 PHP/3.0.15 mod_perl/1.21
>>
>> It would be good to be able to stop all that.
>
>Since my last reply didn't make it to the list,
>once again:
>
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#servertokens
>"controls whether Server response
>header field which is sent back to
>clients includes a
>description of the generic OS-type of the server as well
>as
>information about compiled-in modules."
>
>and maybe
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#serversignature
>
>Cheers,
>Marcel

[ATTITUDEX.COM]
http://www.attitudex.com/

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like [EMAIL PROTECTED] from
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag