From: "Zulu One" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 2:47 PM
Subject: wireless LAN hardware: decisions, decisions

> As the admin of my two-host (desktop/laptop) network, I will shortly be
upgrading to wireless LAN, and, as a silent list reader for a few months
now, I think it's time I asked
> a question or two on this topic.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good wireless LAN PCMCIA card & access point
combination for me? I am looking for ease of use and security, for not too
much money (since
> I'm paying for it), and it will have to work under M$Win98, M$WinXP, and
Mandrake 8.2. Oh, and I might want to war drive one day (for amusement only:
I'm more of a
> whitehat than a 1337 d00d).
>
> As well, once I've done this, can someone outline the levels of security I
will need on both hosts. I can look up any techniques mentioned, but I find
Google a bit lacking