On Thursday 18 April 2002 19:30, joe vano wrote:

> happening again (along w/ no IIS on a public IP in the office), but what
> if it does?  Does anyone know if NAV corporate can handle file servers
> running under linux that are Windows mountable?  I'm going to call
> Symantec about it, but they'll surely pump me full of sunshine and send
> me on my merry way.

As long as it is a simple SMB share, it should work. However, be advised
that there are numbers of Linux AV solutions made just for this task - to
boldly go where no AV has gone before, and seek& destroy viruses that are
supposed to infect Windows PC-s. Maybe it would be better to get native
Linux AV and manage it to do periodic scans on SMB shares, and keep Norton
on the workstations?

--
Radoslav Dejanovic
Senior Associate to Mayor's Office