The correct perspective is often more useful than 12 CCIE's. . .

Blev

-----Original Message-----
From: Radoslav Dejanovic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 11:29 PM
To: shawn merdinger; Michael Powell
Cc: 'Timothy Hall'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Secure Way of Remotely Viewing a Desktop...

On Thursday 25 April 2002 16:48, shawn merdinger wrote:
> Adding on to this suggestion, maybe tunnel the VNC connection through
> SSH.

Maybe we've gone too far with this. If I remember right, it is just about
some teacher that want to be able to display his desktop screen to one
particular student. Maybe we're going too paranoid with that - all
security that has to be done is to disallow that student (or any other
student) to abuse remote viewing software by taking control of teachers
computer. It should be enough to disable mouse and keyboard, to make it
one-way communication system, I don't think we should build DMZ with two
firewalls, NAT on NAT, and then tunnel VNC session trough SSH session
tunneled trough another SSH session. :-)

--
Radoslav Dejanovic
Senior Associate to Mayor's Office