We have circumvented the flaws in wireless security by this process:

Setup ACL's (access control lists) which only allow communication with MAC
Addresses from (our) authorized network cards.  (Intel Access Points will do
this, not sure about the other cheapies)

Setup the access point to NOT broadcast it's ESSID (this results in a
wireless card not being able to "scan" for a wireless network to connect
to)....again, Intel AP's will do this...dont know about others.

Setup 128 bit WEP with our own key.

ALL connections through the wireless access point are required to go through
a VPN connection to a Win2k server first.

That's three steps which will almost insure the most secure wireless
environment possible.  If you need it, the next step would definitely be a
Tempest rated office environment.

Chisholm Wildermuth
Systems Engineer
dbWebNet, Inc.

The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily reflect those
of my employer.