I know that I should use ssh instead of telnet and scp instead of ftp.  The
problem is, windows clients are kinda hard to come by for scp.  Yeah, I know
of several, but at work, it takes an act of congress to install anything on
the computers.  So, what about https?  I want to be able to grab files off
of my home computer while at work.  The easy answer is to run an ftp server.
But I won't, for obvious reasons.  I can run sshd, and I do, but I have the
afore-mentioned problem.  If I set up apache with SSL, can I set up a secure
web page that asks for a password that will allow me to browse my file
system?  Then I could use any up-to-date web browser to grab my files.  Good
idea?  Bad idea?  Bad, but not as bad as FTP?  Good, but not as good as
SCP/SSH?

Skip

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done, so now I just have to
fill in the rest.
- Steven Wright