From: Terry Dunlap [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 11:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sendmail

Have you ever noticed that OpenBSD and FreeBSD install Sendmail as part
of their default installs? I just installed OpenBSD 2.9 today on a test
box (I know there are new versions). I was shocked to find Sendmail
running on this OS which claims to offer a "secure" default install.

Granted, I checked the OpenBSD site regarding their implementation of
Sendmail, and they have made some security changes to it. However, given
its track record, why is Sendmail a part of the default installs on
these *BSD flavors? Why is it part of ANY default install???
--
Terry Dunlap, MCSE
Network Security

Western Kentucky University