We are looking at using UpdateExpert from St Bernard Systems to roll out MS
hotfixes. According to the vendor they will also be able to do Unix updates
by the end of this year.

      Refer http://www.updateexpert.com/

 David Thorne

 System Programmer

 Desktop and Server
 Infrastructure Support

 Phone : +613 9208 2142

   Fax : +613 9208 8343

 Email :
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      Stephen Zeigler

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  Sysadmins and Security
Patches
                      18/05/2002 05:09

Hi all,
I would like to get a feel for how other shops handle this issue. I am a
security admin responsible for keeping about 140 servers, Unix and NT, up
date with security patches and hotfixes. This isn't my only responsibility
and I'd like to get the sys admins more involved in keeping their servers
patched. I love my job - but more stuff keeps landing on my plate. How is
this best handled?  Is it reasonable to expect sysadmins to install
security
patches?  Thx