if you dont require really realtime you can always use rsync, however it is
possible to tunnel the linux network block device over ssh(more specificly
enbd), and you could software raid 1 it to a local volume. however my
experiences with it have shown it to be slow under some circumstances. both
rsync and nbd are free.