Mike,

      From what I experienced with Sametime, it seems that we needed IBM MQ
as well as a web server (IIS) to make the whole thing work in our
environment.

              ash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                                          To:
               Michael
                                                           Ungar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

              Saturday May 25, 2002 01:15 PM              cc:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                          Subject:   Re: Sametime

Michael Ungar wrote:

>Is anybody familiar with IBM's  Instant Messaging
>product called Sametime ? If so, I'd be interested in
>any info as to any security concerns with the product
>when used as an Enterprise solution (not for IM'ing
>outside the Corp).
>
>Thanks....Mike Ungar

I don't have any information on Sametime but I can point you to Jabber
(jabber.com and jabber.org). It is an open source IM service to be used
however you want (inside the corporation only if you wish).

Ash