[EMAIL PROTECTED] stated the following:

> I think this is the default name for a "name server" hence hosts-ns.
>
> > On Linux, what is hosts2-ns?  How is it accessed from a remote host?
> > Someone recently tried to access my server through port 81.

I found out differently from other sources.  Port 81 is typically used
for secondary web servers and the attack was for that purpose.

Linux secondary servers are not connected to the internet -- only
primary servers sharing the incoming load are connected to the
internet.  Each server uses the same port -- they conduct their own
operations.

--
Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list/newsgroup address and my email address in To:.

Signed,
SoloCDM