Can anyone enlighten me as to what might be listening on this
port?  After doing a google search, all I find are documents that list
the port as an "Event Listener".  No additional, useful information is
provided.  Doing an additional search for "event listener"returns
those same documents.

The machines that have this port open are running windows 98SE.
Is this normal for a windows 98 machine to have this port open?  If
so, what is it used for?  Can it be disabled?

The only other thing that these machines all have in common is a
Novell client.  I'm in the process of removing a Novell client from
one of them to see if the port closes.

TIA for any help,
Steve Bremer
NEBCO, Inc.