From: Harish Gondavale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 2:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: NT Domain - unsucessful login attepmts

Hi,

We have got a NT domain which is used as a resource
domain. Recently we found that there are few
unsucessful attempts tried with some strange domain
name and user id. (from security eveent logs)

My question is

1. Is there any way to identify these machines - form
where it was tried ?
2. Is there any way to monitor these servers and alert
generated if any unsucessful attaepmt? ( I know we can
implement IDS and acieve this. But any special tool
for NT other than IDS. Also if IDS is the only
solution then which is the best IDS)?

Thanks in advance for help.

Bye.

Harish