Greetings,

I think you misunderstand on of the basics of firewall configuration...

Your basic typical firewall has a trusted and an untrusted interface.  The
trusted is internal, the untrusted is external. If you open port 80 on the
external interface, then people outside can initiate traffic through the
firewall on that port... unless you are running a specific service (like a
web server) on that port, allowing that kind of access is not a good idea.

Try allowing internal -> external traffic.  If you want your users only to
access websites, restrict that to http. Deny all external -> internal. As
simple as that. Of course, it get more complicated if the firewall is
performing NAT, and external IPs are being specifically forwarded to
internal machines, etc.

Try the following for more information

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_61/config/bafw
cfg.htm

Also, when you go to visit a web page from your machine, it doesn't open
port 80 on the local machine, it opens a random port to initiate the
connection to port 80 on the remote IP... an example from running netstat on
my machine here at work...

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address              State
  TCP    rbeckett:2059          www.cisco.com:80          LAST_ACK
  TCP    rbeckett:2078          www.google.com:80       ESTABLISHED
  TCP    rbeckett:2079          www.google.com:80       ESTABLISHED
  TCP    rbeckett:2080          www.cisco.com:80         ESTABLISHED
  TCP    rbeckett:2737          209.61.191.170:80         CLOSE_WAIT

As you notice, internal traffic originates on random ports... even though
all traffic goes to port 80 on the remote machine... if you only allow
traffic on port 80, all my requests would have been blocked.

Paul Devisser