Another alternative if your environment is predominately Windoze is
TridiaVNCPro. I am currently deploying this product.  Tridia "wraps" the
AT&T Labs UK vnc product with end to end encryption and provides a console
view of available hosts, similar to what "VNC Desk" attempts to do.
Integration of ftp for file transfer is promised, but late. TVNCPro will
interact with the native AT&T product and presumably other vnc variants,
but without encryption. This product isn't free, but the per-seat price is
quite reasonable, especially compared with products like PCAnywhere.
=> Scott
=> my opinions are not necessarily those of Unimin Corporation, and I have
the scars to prove it...

                    "David Roux"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]       To:     "Calhoun, Heath"

                    et>                   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                         cc:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    06/19/02 12:06       Subject:     remote control: tightvnc via ssh

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to dr

I doubt I'm the first to suggest it, but you could try using TightVNC
(www.tightvnc.com) through an SSH tunnel.  TightVNC is a stripped down
version of AT&T Labs' VNC with a few optimizations & bugfixes.

I found the performance boost using TightVNC to be marginal on local
connections but noticeable across WANs.  Of course, this may not be
practical in every situation...