We use SuperScan to search for shares, but it isn't automated in checking if
the shares are open or not.  I've also had luck with a utility called
Pandora (which I believe I found on Packetstorm), but since I am at a
government site, I have to go through a lot of work to get permission to run
tools, especially if they are free.  Pandora will automatically check all
the shares it finds, letting you know which shares it can access without a
password (and maybe it will try passwords and accounts from a config file,
but I'm not sure).  It took a little work to figure out how to make it scan
properly, but once running, it did all the work for me.

Randy Graham