Hi All

Does anyone know how to set-up a secure remote connection using
netcat, in that one which uses authenication or port filtering
(without the need to install any other wrapper software).

I have a requirement were I need to connect to a remote machine and
get a command prompt. We all know how to do this via netcat by
setting up a listening port. My concern is that I do not want to
leave the port open for anyone to connect.

It would be great if when someone connects authenication is required,
hence in effect all I need is to connect to a remote machine, get
prompted for a password and then get a command prompt, if netcat
cannot do this, does anyone know any other peice of software (not
NetBIOS or SMB)?

Thanks

Susan Chan Lee
Security Associates - Singapore