Hi Irene,
    Although it seems unlikely that any public system would have a weird MTU
- there is something to do to save time.

Never just sequence when trying to find a fixed limit (unless there are very
few possibilities.)
If it is the maximum size that you are trying to find, try using 100 as a
first test to make sure that that will work. If it doesn't very unlikely MTU
is the problem, but you can try values under 100.

If MTU 100 does work jump to 1464, then down to 700 up to 1150, up
to 1300, etc

You can follow the pattern ... roughly half the difference between known good
value and known bad value for each jump.

If you have some idea that it is going to be over 1400 try that value early
in the sequence.

This is fairly standard procedure for finding any unknown limit. (Or it is by
me :) )

/Dave