Hi all,

We are researching seting up a VPN solution for our remote users. Anyone
know of any links/books on 'best practices' or designs for a first time
setup? We have a T1 for access to the internet, but I am curious as to what
would be better, to use the existing T1, or setup a new T1 for VPN only. My
thoughts are for the VPN to setup a T1 <-> Firewall <-> VPN Server <-> IDS
<-> Corporate Network. I also have the dilema of what to do to allow access,
but protect the network in the event an authorized VPN user has managed to
become hacked/or infected with a virus and then VPN's in and "shares" ....
would the  IDS help with this? Is there a solution that would 'scan' traffic
for viruses after the VPN Server and prior to the Corporate Network?

Thanks in advance,
Carl
    http://www.crackerbarrel.com