Hello all,

I may have cracked it, I will need to do some testing but here is the
theory.
Some background first.

Customer want to replace rlogin and telnet with the more secure ssh for
client access, no problem.
Customer wants to replace rcp with scp, no problem.
Mixing the two poses some problems as in key management, and/or
passwords in scripts, not in scripts blah blah blah.

But what about this as an idea (and should work)
Run two sshd daemons with two config files.  One is standard ssh with
passwords and port 22.  All the clients work fine as usual and no key
management.
Run the second one on with the -f flag giving a different config file
that states RSA authentication.  Then keys need only go on the few
servers that use the scp to run nightly scripts and pass data.  The SCP
would use the -P flag to state a different port because my second sshd
config file would setup a different port for it.

All should be well and is looking good so far.

I will let you know.  If you see a glaring hole in this please rush a
reply to me and save those around me from hearing a lot of bad language.

Again I must thank you all for some great advice and pointers.  It has
been very interesting and informative and I will let you know the final
result from the report etc, (If you still care at this stage)

Cheers :)

Trevor Cushen

If you have received this message in error please notify SYSNET Ltd., at
telephone no: +353-1-2983000 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]