Chris quests:
A group of my programmers want to have a DSL connection put in their
testing area so they can simulate end user experience across the Internet. I
have concerns with this and am curious if anyone else has found a good
solution to provision their business requirement without putting the network
at risk.

Chris, use bandwidth limiting to simulate a 56K dialup, or 500K DSL,
or cable or whatever.. Assumes that you have some sort of firewall
or gateway in place already- map or nat another IP ( internal)
to hit whatever services the developers are trying to test.
In general, I've found that having development code exposed to
the harsh, raw outside world doesn't usually aid development
except to re-inforce those "Oops, that backdoor is still active! "
sorts of lessons. Usually not discovered by a developer, either...
they have enough problems they are working on already ;-)
bob-