From: Chris Berry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 30 January 2003 01:46
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: VNC

>From: Marty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>I remember inquiring last year about VNC as a network remote control
>solution. Sincere thanks to all those that answered. We stopped the VNC

>implementation after reading about all the risks related to the
>product. Our tech people are coming back and charging... again.
>My question is simple is the latest version of VNC better than the
>previous ones and should we allow our tech group to use it to take
>control of our machines (servers and workstations)...

VNC is great, but doesn't have built in encryption, however you can pipe
it
through ssh and if you're real paranoid run that through a vpn, then
everything is kosher.  See their homepage for ssh instructions.

Chris Berry
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"For Sys Admins paranoia isn't a mental health problem, its a marketable
job
skill."

If you have received this message in error please notify SYSNET Ltd., at
telephone no: +353-1-2983000 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]