Hello Aman,

        You can use one of the following:
        1 - Freeswan (IPSEC)

        You can download IPsec at http://www.freeswan.org/. There's RPMs for
RedHat 8.0, and you'll not need to rebuild your kernel.

        2 - CIPE

        CIPE comes with Redhat linux. It's very easy to configure.
        http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Cipe+Masq.html
        (Howto on CIPE with Masquerade).
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/security-guide/s1-vpn-cipe.html
        (RedHat Security Guide)

        3 - PPTP

        Point to point tunneled protocol. You can Install a PPTP server on your
linux, and from home you can create a new DialUp connection using VPN
Adapter (with microsoft windows), or just download a PPTP client for
linux.

        4 - SSH

        Yes, you can use your SSH connection to create a VPN solution.
        http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/mini/ppp-ssh/index.html

Regards,
Alejandro