From: Hopkins, Joshua [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 6:41 PM
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: tools used to examine a computer

I could really use some help in finding a tool that will be used when and
employee gets terminated or when a computer gets broken into.  I had a
network breach happen from the inside and when I went and took the machine
back to the operation center I found that a login script was placed into the
admin account for that machine and the script erased the evidence.  I was
able to copy some files over the network before I took the computer into
custody. What tools are out there that can really be helpful in
monitoring/forensics.

Joshua R. Hopkins
Information Security Analyst
ARUP Laboratories