Hi,

        I have implemented some time ago, something like this, but using
apache. Apache has a proxy module, that makes apache work as a proxy for
a hole site, or just some directories (this module does much more...). I
mean, you can have an exposed webserver (apache), and when someone issue
an GET /somedir/ apache will download http://othersite.../somedir/ and
show it to you.
        The httpd.conf will have something like this on your virtualhost
directive:

        ProxyPass /somedir/ http://othersite/somedir/

        So, you can have an apache webserver running on the internet, and
mapping some directories to your internal IIS or wherever webserver you
have.

Hope you can understand something!

Regards,
Alejandro