It depends on how integrated an environment you need. I have used Samba, Windows
services for UNIX, and a NetApps system successfully for file sharing in a mixed
Windows, UNIX, and Linux enviroment. There were a few MAC's to using Dave.

Windows Services for UNIX is suppose to synchronize Windows and UNIX passwords
and you also can integrate NIS and active directory, but I have not tried this.

John O'Connor