De : Jennifer Fountain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : 11 mars, 2003 20:32
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : NTP recommedations

I am currently looking into configuring my company's time servers.  My
initial thoughts were setting up two or three in the dmz and configuring
them to update their time on a regular basis (haven't defined regular yet)
and then install two or three interal time servers that query these servers.
I currently have a web server, reverse proxy, ftp (blush embarrassed - going
to be getting rid of THIS real soon), email, ids, and two dns servers in the
dmz.  Someone has recommended to configure three of these servers (web, dns,
and email) as a time server.  At first, I say - huh - no.  That would mean
opening up two ports on each box and having a new set of potential problems
if i miss anying.  But I am not an expert so I head to google searches and
you for guidan ce.  Could anyone tell me their configuration or recommend a
"good" configuration for company time servers?

Thank you
Jenn

P.S  If anyone is at SANS 2003, ping me if you are in track 3 :)