Debbie -

Regardless of whether anyone else does it, I'd say you've got a pretty good situation
as long as it doesn't overwhelm you.

Centralizing a function like that decreases the likelihood that some random person is
going to misconfigure something and open a hole in your firewall, or that some tech is
going to open a hole at the insistance of a business person.

John